IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
General Purpose of the Position:
The IT Support Technician provides Tier 1 level helpdesk support to a wide array of users ranging from desktop and laptop computers, application software and peripherals including printers, scanners, etc. and break/fix support. Working closely with a skilled IT Team, the Support Technician aids in maintaining the technical functionality and efficiency of IT Systems owned and maintained by the Central Wire Group
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interact with employees to provide first level technical support to users, both on-site and remotely, in a timely and professional manner.
• Responsible for new PC setups, software installations and updates, and hardware maintenance and incidents.
• Operating system support for Windows 7/10.
• Mobile device support for Windows Tablets, iPhone, iPad, and Motorola scan guns.
• Effectively communicate technical issues, helpdesk ticket flows, and project execution with IT Manager and Network Administrator.
• Support desktops, laptops, VPN access, phone systems, photocopiers, printers, faxes, scanners, software systems, and virus protection.
• Maintain department information databases, including licensing, hardware, and network configurations.
• Contribute to the creation of user manuals, work instructions and troubleshooting documentation to knowledge portal.
• Associates in Information Technology, Computer Science or COMPTIA Certification preferred.
• Previous experience in an IT Support Role
• Proven ability to effectively interact with end-users in identifying and resolving technical issues.
• An understanding of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office Products, Lotus Notes/Domino, Active Directory/Windows Domains, TCP/IP networking protocols.
• A passion for customer service and technology, a drive to deliver exceptional support to all end-users.
• Organized and detail orientated
• Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization, and work effectively in groups
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends for system patching, upgrades, installations
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Frequent sitting, occasional standing, and walking, working in confined spaces
• Ability to lift heavy equipment
• Occasional travel when required
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to competitive salaries, Loos and Company offers a great employee benefit package for its full-time employees.
Our benefits include:
Paid HolidaysIf it sounds like a great place to work, it is!
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
For more information contact our Human Resource Manager, Lynn Bouthillier.
About Loos & Co., Inc
Founded in 1958, Loos and Company evolved from a three-car garage business, originally situated behind the home of owner A. W. “Gus” Loos and his wife Joan, to a 220,000 square foot plant located in picturesque Pomfret, Connecticut. Today, Loos and Company manufactures a wide variety of wire, aircraft cable, and wire rope. These products are used in aerospace, military, and commercial applications, including - aircraft flight controls, elevators, fitness equipment, rigging, and scaffolding operations. They are OEM producers for companies such as Boeing, General Dynamics, and Bombardier.
To Apply on-line:
Complete our standard online job application to be considered for this open position.
To Apply by Email:
Send your PDF resume and Cover letter to our Human Resource Department at [email protected]
To Apply by Mail:
16B Mashamoquet Road / Pomfret Center, CT / 06259