General Purpose of the Position:
The Network Administrator is responsible for providing support services across the organization. This position will assist with IT projects; resource management; hardware and software installation and maintenance, troubleshooting and communicating with all users of CWI Group. This position will also be responsible for general network maintenance; may also be required to assist with IT strategic planning, as well as identifying, selecting and deploying new technologies. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support 400+ users in a multi-site environment
• Responsible for Windows Servers, network infrastructure, VOIP phone system, VPN, data recovery, and endpoint security software
• Perform configurations, installations, and updates to desktops, laptops, software applications
• Research, recommend and implement new technologies
• Troubleshoot hardware, software and network failures
• Assist in IT projects and other related duties as required
• Contribute to and maintain technical documentation for systems and processes
• Minimum 5 year experience with system/network administration
• Strong knowledge of Windows Operating System and Active Directory, Group Policy
• Strong knowledge of Fortigate firewalls, Windows networking and VPN protocols
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365, Exchange 365
• Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware)
• Lotus Notes/Domino 9 administration
• ISO 13485, NIST SP800-171 compliance experience
• Organized and detail orientated.
• Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization, and work effectively in groups
• Team player with ability to work independently.
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends for systems patching, upgrades, installation
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking, working in confined spaces
• Ability to lift heavy equipment
• Occasional travel when required
• B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to competitive salaries, Loos and Company offers a great employee benefit package for its full-time employees.
Our benefits include:
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
If it sounds like a great place to work, it is!
For more information contact our Human Resource Manager, Lynn Bouthillier.
About Loos & Co., Inc
Founded in 1958, Loos and Company evolved from a three-car garage business, originally situated behind the home of owner A. W. “Gus” Loos and his wife Joan, to a 220,000 square foot plant located in picturesque Pomfret, Connecticut. Today, Loos and Company manufactures a wide variety of wire, aircraft cable, and wire rope. These products are used in aerospace, military, and commercial applications, including - aircraft flight controls, elevators, fitness equipment, rigging, and scaffolding operations. They are OEM producers for companies such as Boeing, General Dynamics, and Bombardier.
To Apply by Email:
Contact our Human Resource Department at [email protected]
To Apply in Person:
Route 101 & 169 / Pomfret, CT /
M-F 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
To Apply by Mail:
P.O. Box 98 / Pomfret, CT 06258