IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
General Purpose of the Position:
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing support services across the organization. He or she will assist IT projects: resource management, hardware and software installation and maintenance, troubleshooting and communicating with all users of Central Wire and subsidiaries. He or she will also be responsible for general PC hardware and peripherals maintenance; may also be required to assist IT with strategic planning, as well as identifying, selecting, and deploying new technologies. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support 400+ users in a multi-site environment, in a timely and professional manner
• Perform configurations, installations, and updates to desktops, laptops, office printers/copiers, phone systems, software applications
• Research, recommend and implement new technologies
• Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network failures
• Assist in IT projects and other related duties as required
• Contribute to and maintain technical documentation for systems and processes
• 5 years Information Technology support experience
• Strong knowledge of Windows 7/10 Operating Systems, Windows Active Directory
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365, Azure Active Directory
• Experience with Ring Central, Avaya Telephone Systems
• Knowledge of cybersecurity, firewalls, VPN technologies
• ISO 9001/ISO 13485/AS9100, NIST SP800-171 compliance experience
• A passion for customer service and technology, a drive to deliver exceptional support to all end-users
• Organized and detail orientated
• Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the organization, and work effectively in groups
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends for system patching, upgrades, installations
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
• Frequent sitting, occasional standing and walking, working in confined spaces
• Ability to lift heavy equipment
• Occasional travel when required
• B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certifications (Microsoft or Comp TIA) is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to competitive salaries, Loos and Company offers a great employee benefit package for its full-time employees.
Our benefits include:
Paid HolidaysIf it sounds like a great place to work, it is!
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
For more information contact our Human Resource Manager, Lynn Bouthillier.
About Loos & Co., Inc
Founded in 1958, Loos and Company evolved from a three-car garage business, originally situated behind the home of owner A. W. “Gus” Loos and his wife Joan, to a 220,000 square foot plant located in picturesque Pomfret, Connecticut. Today, Loos and Company manufactures a wide variety of wire, aircraft cable, and wire rope. These products are used in aerospace, military, and commercial applications, including - aircraft flight controls, elevators, fitness equipment, rigging, and scaffolding operations. They are OEM producers for companies such as Boeing, General Dynamics, and Bombardier.
To Apply on-line:
Complete our standard online job application to be considered for this open position.
To Apply by Email:
Send your PDF resume and Cover letter to our Human Resource Department at [email protected]
To Apply by Mail:
16B Mashamoquet Road / Pomfret Center, CT / 06259