Human Resource ManagerGeneral Purpose of the Position:
The HR Manager performs a wide range of HR functions in support of Senior Managers, Department Managers, Supervisors, and Employees in our industry-leading manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include administration of health insurance and benefit plans, FMLA, Company policies and procedures, training and development, recruitment and selection, employee discipline, employee counseling, and regulatory compliance. In addition to remaining current with all applicable employment legislation, this role requires the individual to adhere to and enforce all established Central Wire/Loos policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer health insurance and benefit plans including enrollments, changes and terminations.
- Responsible for the recruitment of and onboarding of new hires/transfers.
- Manage the termination process.
- IN conjunction with management, administer employee discipline and performance improvement plans.
- Oversee FMLA requests, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Claims and Workers Compensation.
- Respond to employee questions concerning health insurance and benefit plans.
- Develop, implement, and administer HR policies and procedures in accordance with Company guidelines and federal and state employment regulations, including the recommendation of policies to management.
- Responsible for preparation, maintenance, review, and communication of policies and procedures.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship.
- Perform employee reference and background checks
- Administer and assist with the performance review process.
- Schedule training and development in conjunction with departmental managers and supervisors.
- Provide coaching, specific training and information updates directly to managers, supervisors, and other employees.
- In conjunction with management, provide resolutions to employee relations issues.
- Keep job descriptions current.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, up to date, and complete personnel records.
- Maintain human resource database. Assist with issues or information associated with ADP.
- Responsible for compliance reports for EEO/AA, Vets 4212, Medicare, WC, etc.
- Maintain the training database and forms associated with the quality program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of Human Resource experience.
- SHRM certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills.
- Strong moral and ethics, along with a commitment to privacy.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required. Knowledge of Lotus Notes is a plus.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Frequent sitting, occasional standing, and walking.
- Occasional travel required.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs.
- Overtime may be required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to competitive salaries, Loos and Company offers a great employee benefit package for its full-time employees.
Our benefits include:
Comprehensive Medical and Dental Insurance
Short-term & Long-term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
If it sounds like a great place to work, it is!
For more information, visit the complete job posting here.
About Loos & Co., Inc
Founded in 1958, Loos and Company evolved from a three-car garage business, originally situated behind the home of owner A. W. “Gus” Loos and his wife Joan, to a 220,000 square foot plant located in picturesque Pomfret, Connecticut. Today, Loos and Company manufactures a wide variety of wire, aircraft cable, and wire rope. These products are used in aerospace, military, and commercial applications, including - aircraft flight controls, elevators, fitness equipment, rigging, and scaffolding operations. They are OEM producers for companies such as Boeing, General Dynamics, and Bombardier.
To Apply on-line:
Submit your resume by completing an online application
To Apply by Email:
Send your PDF resume and Cover letter to our Human Resource Department at [email protected]
To Apply by Mail:
16B Mashamoquet Road / Pomfret Center, CT / 06259